Athos Tsiopani is a composer, writer & pianist based in Edinburgh, United Kingdom. Primarily working in film, Athos has provided original music for over 30 audio-visual projects and works of art. His work has been shown on British and Irish television, screened in various cinemas across the British Isles and showcased in festivals around the world, including the UK, Ireland, USA, Germany, Luxembourg, Canada, France and India. He wrote the original score for the feature film that he co-wrote and production-managed, Cork, Like (2013), and provided music for the German production Young and Wild (2014).
Athos attended University College Cork in Ireland, graduating from the Bachelor of Music course with distinction in 2012. He received two scholarships to attend the Masters in Composition for Screen at the University of Edinburgh, from which he graduated in 2014.
He is the founder of The Empty Orchestra collective in Cork, with whom he created original music for over a dozen silent films in collaboration with other Irish artists. In 2012 & 2013, Athos did a 9 month composer's residency at the Cork Film Centre.
Athos' musical influences and styles include Classical, Minimalism, Jazz, Pop music, Techno and Free Improvisation. Scroll down to listen to his portfolio.
- Stars - Athos Tsiopani
- The Elephant in the Room - Athos Tsiopani
- A Journey's End - Athos Tsiopani
- The Legend - Athos Tsiopani
- Bring Her Forth - Athos Tsiopani
- The Trouble - Athos Tsiopani
- Riverside - Athos Tsiopani
- People in Hell Want Ice Water - Athos Tsiopani
- Cork, Like Finale - Athos Tsiopani
- Dust - Athos Tsiopani
- After Life - Athos Tsiopani
- Snow - Athos Tsiopani
- Port of Cork - Athos Tsiopani
- This Time Tomorrow - Athos Tsiopani
- Interruption - Athos Tsiopani feat. Joey Ryan
- Invasion - Athos Tsiopani
- Noodle - Athos Tsiopani
- Whisper - Athos Tsiopani
- Gnome - Athos Tsiopani
- There Again - Athos Tsiopani
- Replay - Athos Tsiopani
Excerpt from a radio interview for the promotion of 'Cork, Like' at irishradiointernational.com:
A promotional article for filmireland.ie regarding Cork, Like: filmireland.net/2013/07/10/cork-like/
Online review of Cork, Like segment 'Kennedy Quay' by the Irish Examiner: irishexaminer.com/ireland/kennedy-quay.html